Friday, October 26, 2012

Ready or Not Here I come!!!!



The 21st of November 2006 after dinner my water broke... but i wasn't having any contractions..... I thought maybe something was wrong... why am I not in labor? After Evan made me wait 30 minutes we were on our way to the hospital!   After arriving at the hospital I was set up in a room and the waiting began....... 8pm till 630am the next day nothing happened..... not one contraction. She was moving a ton. she was "running from the heart monitor. which lead to an alarm going off every time it would loose her heart beat, by 3 am I was well train on how to reset the alarm and re ajust the monitor to pick her up again. 7 am  on November 22  I was induced.....  for 12 hrs and 19 mins I had contraction after contraction...... I started regretting wanting them to start!  7:19 pm Wednesday, November 22, 2006, (the day before Thanksgiving) we finally met our Baby girl. She was perfect. She had a ton of hair, she was small, and fragile.  After the doctor laid her on my chest, a held her there a few minutes  then a nurse came over to take her and weigh her..." 6lbs 13oz........... 21 inches long.....and  "I'm sorry your baby has Down syndrome"! " REALLY???? I was so angry, this was a special moment..... this was the birth of my 1st child..... Isn't that the doctors job, to inform the parent if there is an "issue" anyway..... I told the doctor to give me my baby and get that nurse out of the room...... she left and we went back to being proud parents of a beautiful baby girl who happened to have Down Syndrome.  Thursday was Thanksgiving, that was one of my favorite Thanksgivings... We ate Hospital Turkey in a small room with 12 people I knew and about 5 I didn't. ( Waiting Room).  Friday afternoon I was discharged but Hannah wasn't!  
She was "rushed" off to the NICU... Which would be our home for 3 more days! She was having an issue regulating her body tempature . Instead of 98.6 she would drop to 96 or 97 degrees, she was hooked up to a ton of monitors, there were about 10 cords attached to her, such a hard site to see..... I cried for about 20 mins uncontrollably , my husband cried, he never cry's,  it broke his heart to see his baby girl like that!   All we wanted was our baby girl to come home. So for the next 3 days we spent all day at the hospital, in the NICU with Hannah. I know there are a ton of family's that through so much more but at that moment it was the worst thing that could be happening!   Monday  November 27 @ 8pm we brought our Hannah home for the 1st time, the next 3 days were kind of rough, she peed everywhere 3 or 4 times and spit up on me about 5 or 6 times and wouldn't sleep unless I held her, but after those few days we learned to live with each other and thing were wonderful!!



Liz















No comments:

Post a Comment