Saturday, September 21, 2013

Don't Touch

So 5 days ago Hannah put her full left hand on a hot burner on the stove at my mom’s house! She sustained 2nd degree burns on her hand… I have never been so scared in my life… we have managed to stay out of the emergency room (except once for croup) for the last 6.5 years. After 45 minutes of crying and 2.5 hrs in the ER ,she was fine. Hannah is a very curious little girl. She likes to help you with everything you do even if it might be something you know she should be helping with. Monday night she was not interested in helping Mom cook she was interested in her playing a game with her. I truly think she has learned a valuable lesson from this injury: Don’t touch the hot stove, it will hurt! Keeping clean and dry has been a challenge but I think we are doing a pretty good job, but I do have to say I really hope we NEVER need a cast….  Never a dull moment in this house! 
1.5 hrs after initial burn
in the ER
getting a banage
home from the ER

day 2

day 3
day 5